Weekly Digest, April 2
Monday newsletter published by Data Science Central. Previous editions can be found here. The contribution flagged with a + is our selection for the picture of the week.
Earn our online Business Analytics Graduate Certificate in one year. Learn data analytics to support business decisions. Learn data analysis activities including: descriptive (what happened), diagnostic (why it happened), predictive (what will happen), and prescriptive (what should happen). Learn more . . . Submit your application and start in fall.
- Register today for the Wharton Customer Analytics Conference – May 9th-10th, 2018 in Philadelphia, PA — This conference is dedicated to real-world applications of customer analytics that exemplify a balance of high level rigor and business know-how. Technical workshops are available to attendees on May 9th in addition to the full-day event on May 10th.
Featured Resources and Technical Contributions
- Stochastic Processes and New Tests of Randomness – With Cool Number Theory Problem +
- 80 Best Data Science Books That Are Worthy Reading
- 10 Machine Learning Algorithms You Should Know in 2018
- Boost your data science skills: Learn linear algebra
- Soccer and Machine Learning: 2 hot topics for 2018
- Number Representation Systems Explained in One Picture – Updated
- Extending churn analysis to revenue forecasting using R
- Event Analytics: How to Define User Sessions with SQL
- Book: OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook – Fourth Edition
- Data Fallacies to Avoid – Mistakes People Often Make When Analyzing Data
- The Browser of a Data Scientist
- Password Sharing Is a Federal Crime, Appeals Court Rules
- This Artist Turns the Forest Floor into Data Visualizations
- GDPR Drives Real Time Analytics
- Deciphering Big Decisions: A Road-map for Data-Driven Organizations
- 6 Proven Steps to Land a Job in Data Science
- GDPR and the Paradox of Interpretability
- GDPR and AI – strategies and options in a nutshell
- K-NN for Geospatial data
- Longitudinal data – is HLM best choice for my data?
- Salesforce Alfresco Connector
- Creation of data set
- What model to use for this parameter fitting problem?
- Fake News, Sarcasm Detection on Twitter
Picture of the Week
Source for picture: contribution marked with a +
- AnacondaCON 2018: Score a NVIDIA TITAN V GPU
- Strata Data Conference London: Save up to £489
- Fueling Innovation: Careers in Data Science & Analytics
- Prepare Raw and Diverse Data Faster – April 5
- Self-Service Analytics: Fostering a Data-Enabled Culture – April 17
- SAS Online Training: Learn SAS Programming With A Video Tutorial
- Live webinar series: 2018 Top 10 Business Intelligence Trends
- Stats Camp: Summer Statistical Methods Training Courses 2018