Weekly Digest, February 12
Monday newsletter published by Data Science Central. Previous editions can be found here. The contribution flagged with a + is our selection for the picture of the week.
Featured Resources and Technical Contributions
- Number Representation Systems Explained in One Picture +
- Event Analytics: How to Define User Sessions with SQL
- Are the Digits of Pi Truly Random? – Updated (with Blockchain application and more)
- Apache Spark with Scala – Learning Path Decoded
- Handbook of Research on Predictive Modeling and Optimization Methods – in Science and Engineering
- So, How Many ML Models You Have NOT Built?
- TimeSeries.OBeu v1.2.2 release on CRAN
- Best DSC Forum Questions – Part 8
- Cognitive computing: Moving From Hype to Deployment
- Cliff Notes for Managing the Data Science Function
- Five Ways to Unleash the Power of a Marketing Bot
- Why is it so hard to train data scientists?
- Using Analytics to Improve Customer Engagement
- Most Data Science Job Ads are Targeted to Young People – Why?
- How can actuarial science skills be applied in investment banking?
- Data Scientists need designer labels too
- MIT IQ Initiative Is Taking A Different Approach To AI Research
Picture of the Week
Source for picture: contribution marked with a +